Odd Fellowship in Delaware began in the 1840’s with a mission to help the local communities in every way possible. Since its inception, the Odd Fellows and Rebekahs have continuously worked to provide a better future for all Delawareans when asked. Throughout the years we have:
- Provide food, grocery coupons, and donated to local soup kitchens
- Provide bingo and entertainment for the patients at Governor Bacon in Delaware City and the
VA Hospital in Elsmere.
- Participate in the VA Carnival in Elsmere for over the past 50 years
- Volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House
- Plant hundreds of trees
- Sponsor high school children on an educational tour of several states
- Host a renowned rest stop for the MS Bike to the Bay
- Bring Santa to the children
- Hand out Book Bags to area schools and scholarships to deserving college bound students
- Send stockings to our Armed Forces
We do this solely to help those in need and ask for nothing in return. Some activities are done without a word about from where the help has come. This is one reason we have always been considered “Odd” Fellows.